Saturday, July 13, 2013

Called To Serve!

"Dear Sister Flores:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the COLORADO DENVER SOUTH MISSION. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, September 11, 2013. You will be prepared to preach the gospel in the ENGLISH LANGUAGE."


Wow! It has been exactly a month since I opened my letter from the first presidency. It seems so surreal to me that I'm going on a mission, I guess since I thought I had a while before I turned 21...but the Lord said NOPE, you are going at age 19!
It wasn't a surprise to me that I was going to go stateside on my mission; somehow I had always known and had felt a great peace about it. The real surprise was that I got called English speaking! I was seriously expecting to be called Spanish speaking! But the Lord also said NOPE, I need you to be English speaking, in the Colorado Denver South mission. And I humbly and joyfully accept!
I am so excited to serve in Colorado; I cannot imagine myself going anywhere else! I already know it will be the hardest thing I will have done so far, but I also know it will be 100% worth it.







No comments:

Post a Comment