Saturday, September 7, 2013

Going on Missions!!!



Well, we all have them! All of the Spring Lakers who were waiting for their mission calls know where they're going. From the order of when the call was received:
  • Sister Flores: Colorado Denver South, English speaking, reporting to the Provo MTC September 11
  • Elder Sanchez: Brazil Piracicaba, Portuguese speaking, reporting to the Sao Paulo MTC November 20
  • Elder Ramos: California Arcadia, Spanish speaking, reporting to the Provo MTC October 16
  • Elder Guerrero: Pennsylvania Pittsburgh, Spanish speaking, reporting directly to the mission field October 22
  • Elder PeƱaranda: Colorado Fort Collins, English speaking, reporting to the Provo MTC September 18
Every time I saw each and every one of these awesome guys open their calls, I couldn't help but get a little emotional (or a lot). I've grown  up with them and know how crazy they can be, but here they are, ready to go on missions and serve the Lord. I am so proud of them, and excited for their missions. I am a bit more excited for Moroni's though, because he's serving right next to me and we will see each other at the MTC! What a blessing. I love them all, and wish them the best. They will be such powerful, humble missionaries. So proud of my brothers, and can't wait for the first time we will all see each other after having completed our missions.

Elder PeƱaranda, Elder Guerrero, Sister Flores, Elder Ramos, and Elder Sanchez
 
It has been such a blessing to see my ward, the Spring Lake Ward, have this many missionaries serve at the same time when it used to only be a branch. It fills me with so much joy! This will bring so many blessings to my ward.
 
So this is it! I will be giving my farewell tomorrow, and will be set apart as an official missionary right after. I will be flying to Utah on Monday with la familia and entering the MTC on Wednesday. I am so excited! I cannot believe the time has come! After dreaming of going on a mission my whole life, I will actually be going on one this upcoming week. Woah. So surreal. Yet so palpable at the same time. Ahhh.

I know that this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that Christ is my redeemer, my savior, my comforter, my friend. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it, along with the Bible, is a true testament of Jesus Christ. I know that missionary work is the work of God, and it exists because He loves His children and wants them to come back to live with Him. And I accept this calling and responsibility of going on a mission with great love and honor. What a blessing it is to serve my God and His children.





No comments:

Post a Comment