Monday, October 21, 2013

First Baptism! (10/07/13)

So on Friday I finally had my interview with President and Sister Murdock. They both kept saying, "we are SO happy you speak Spanish!!!!". They really need Spanish speaking sisters, and as far as I could tell, they want to keep me in Spanish for a while. President Murdock said that I would be a trainer soon! WHAT?! That is a very scary thought! But I feel humbled that they think I can do it even though this is only my second week being trained! They said that there are going to be 14 new Spanish sisters next transfer, and need me to learn from Hermana Dotto the best that I can because they want me to train to non-native speakers. But Hermana Dotto said that President told her that we might stay together for two transfers because he wants the blessings our companionship will bring to the mission. :) He told Sister Murdock that we were a perfect companionship! I am very grateful to have started off my mission with an amazing companion and trainer. Being companions with Hermana Dotto is a blessing, and we see miracles daily.
One of those miracles is Johnathan Luna. On Sunday, Hermana Dotto and I decided to fast for our investigators, especially Johnathan. On Monday evening we went to have a lesson with him. When Hermana Dotto reminded him that his baptismal date was on the 13th, he stopped her and said, "Wait, I'm getting baptized in two weeks? Can I get baptized this Sunday? I feel like I am getting a little colder with the gospel, and I want to have the assurance and guidance of the Holy Ghost." Hermana and I were just shocked. We told him "OF COURSE YOU CAN GET BAPTIZED ON SUNDAY!" Wow. It was amazing. We left the house so astonished and happy. And so yesterday, at 5, Johnathan Luna was baptized by Josue Luna, his father. I was filled with so much joy, that tears filled my eyes.
 
 
 
 
It was so beautiful. After he was baptized he came over to us and told us that he never imagined that he would feel so light and clean. He felt Heavenly Father's love stronger than ever before, and there was this light in his eyes! Everything was just so beautiful! His cousin is getting baptized next week and we are hoping to have 3 more baptisms by the end of the month. :)
I love being on a mission. It is HARD work. It pushes and stretches you in ways you wouldn't expect. I have learned quickly that exact obedience brings miracles! This past week, the mission's goal was to find 6 new investigators. We have found ELEVEN! It is so humbling to know that Heavenly Father has entrusted His children to us. We are doing our best to do everything we can to see miracles in their lives.
I know this church is true, and that Christ lives!
Love,
Hermana Flores

No comments:

Post a Comment