Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Last Days in the MTC (9/20/13)


So one of the investigators we've been teaching is Gabriel. At the MTC, I've been struggling so much when practicing teaching. So when the time came to teach Gabriel for the first time, I was freaking out and soooo nervous. Before knocking, we knelt as companions and said a prayer that the Spirit may guide us in what to say. After letting us in, Gabriel told us about himself. He's from Chile, and says he came to America because he's "craaaasy, ju kno?" haha he says "ju kno" every three words! He loves his family soooo much, and says, "I don carrre if my children, nieces, or nephews are 30 years old, I love to give them hugs and kisses, muah muah muah ju kno?" while crossing his arms in the form of a hug. Well, I don't know what happened, but I ended up teaching the whole lesson of the Restoration, and Gabriel had his eyes focused on me and what I was saying. As I stated Joseph Smith's first vision, my eyes started to get teared up. Here was a man, a father, who reminded me of the people in my ward, MY own father, who needs to hear this message. I knew that what I was teaching him is true, and I wanted him to feel it in his heart, because I love him and I know God loves him. He was so touched from that lesson and he committed to read the Book of Mormon and pray to Heavenly Father to know if these things are true. I know that the Spirit was the one teaching that night, not me. I could not have done it by myself.
So we've been teaching him this week and today was our last lesson with him because we are going to Colorado on Monday. He was so sad that we were leaving and said flexing his arms, "I have to be esstrrrongg!!!" haha.
After we taught him this last lesson, we asked him if he would be baptized.
He said yes.
The spirit was so strong. As I shared my testimony and as Sister Joslin and Sister Peacock shared their testimonies, I know that he felt the Spirit too. I am so glad that I am going English speaking, because if not then I would have never met him. It is such an amazing feeling to see one of God's children willing to take the essential step of getting baptized to come closer to Christ and God. I know that God is so happy and proud of Gabriel, and will continue to bless him and his family.
This is an amazing feeling. I know that God loves us and that He cares for every one of us. We just have to take the initiative to follow him.

My first baptism, and I'm not even out of the MTC!!!!

Love,

Sister Flores

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment